Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally Home (For A While Now)

I've been home for about eight weeks now.

I'll admit, though, that I'm still hiding a bit. I've seen a few old friends -- Calmetta, Ron, Liz, Kate, Laura, Christine(s), Jim(s), et. al. -- but mostly I've been hiding out at home trying to tie up all the lose ends that form after seven months of travel.

I have had some time for some serious fun, though. The Lookingglass Gala was a blast, and I'm in the process (finally) of moving into the condo I officially purchased in October of 2006. (Yup, 2006.) Of course, my entire place is officially off warranty, but the developer is being very kind about my unique situation. In other words, when I discovered, two years after purchasing this place that they forgot t caulk in the kitchen, they didn't hold it against me. Ditto the situation with the leaking floor!

I'm also spending much of my free time campaigning for Obama. Now, if only Hilary would drop out, we could move on to the more important task at hand of getting a democrat into office...

Ah, but I digress.

The real purpose of this posting is to apologize for the lack of postings after South Africa!

I began with purpose, but the excitement for blogging waned when I arrived in China an couldn't get on line to post. Anyone who says there's freedom of speech in China hasn't tried to blog. (Note: You can't get iTunes there either -- must be a serious fear of music there...)

At any rate, after China came Vietnam, where things were no better. Then Bali, but it was so beautiful and relaxing in Bali that I wasn't about to spend time catching up on a blog.

So...

Bali, Thailand then home.

Nut graph: it was great.

And I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

I got some amazing shots...

Stay tuned.

No comments: